Thank you for your interest in working at Calday Grange Grammar School. Our current vacancies are listed below.
Support staff vacancies
Chief Financial Officer & Procurement Manager
Start date: As soon as possible
Grade: P09 Pt 48 - 51
Salary: £51,958 - £55,204 (dependent upon experience)
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time 52 weeks per year *
* At Calday Grange Grammar School, we are open to discussing the possibility of reduced hours, an element of working from home, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours for this role. Please wait until the job offer stage before asking us about flexibility, and we will explore what is possible for the role.
We are delighted to offer an opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic and dynamic finance professional to play a key role in the effective and efficient provision and maintenance of the financial and procurement administration at our prestigious school
Working closely with the Headteacher, Governors and Senior Leadership Team, the successful candidate will provide leadership and management of finance and procurement within the school as detailed below.
- Ensure the effective, efficient and compliant management of all Calday Grange Grammar School’s financial activities in support of its educational and organisational objectives.
- Be responsible for sourcing and purchasing the best quality equipment, goods and services at the most competitive prices to enable the school to operate successfully.
- As the Chief Financial Officer, you will be the point of contact for any communication with external stakeholders such as the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), the Local Authority and Department for Education. You will have overall responsibility for ensuring that all statutory reporting and compliance requests received from these agencies are completed within the specified timescales.
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school.
The successful candidate will:-
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA), with a strong track record of effective financial management. Knowledge of academy finances would be advantageous.
- Be highly motivated and skilled, ambitious, with proven technical ability and relevant experience.
- Have evidence of leadership and management of a high performing team.
For further details please click on the links below:-
If you are interested in this position, please complete a support staff application form which is available below. Completed application forms should be returned to the school address for the attention of Mrs Helen White, or electronically via firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 2nd February 2021 (4.00 pm)
Interviews will be held: w/c 8th February 2021 (tbc)
If you apply for the above position and have not heard from us by Friday 19th February 2021, then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Applying for support staff positions
If you are interested in applying for any of the above positions, please complete a support staff application form which is available below. Completed application forms should be returned to the school address for the attention of Mrs Helen White, or electronically via email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER APPLICATIONS COMPLETED ON A SCHOOL APPLICATION FORM.
Application Forms for Support staff vacancies
Candidates should note that the school does not reimburse any expenses for attending interviews.
Teaching staff vacancies
School Direct Vacancies
There are currently no School Direct vacancies.
For more information about School Direct at Calday, please click on the link on the right of this page.
Calday Grange Grammar School is in partnership with Liverpool John Moores University and The Heath Teaching School and is seeking to appoint highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic future teachers who would like to begin an exciting career in teaching in a prestigious and very successful grammar school.
Support and professional development
We have a bespoke program of training and development which will involve observation of lessons, collaborative teaching, solo teaching and pastoral responsibility working with a form group which will give you a full exposure to the full age and ability range within the school.
As a trainee, you will be assigned a subject mentor and a senior professional coordinating mentor and have regular training sessions covering the requirements and standards needed to become a professional teacher. In addition, there will be external training in Liverpool John Moores University on the theory of teaching.
From September you will be teaching a bespoke timetable approved by your subject mentor having attended a school induction session where you will learn about the ethos andf organisation of the school
Our programme aims to prepare you to:
- Become an effective secondary school teacher
- Become knowledgeable subject specialists who can take on later responsibilities in curriculum development
- Become good classroom practitioner
- Become successful form tutors and collaborative colleagues.
How to Apply
Candidates are welcome to email the school office (firstname.lastname@example.org) if they wish to come and observe some lessons for a day prior to applying.
The formal application process is via the UCAS Teacher Training portal here.
Recruitment and Selection Statement
Calday Grange Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
All applicants for vacancies must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced criminal record check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Equal Opportunities Statement
Calday Grange Grammar School is an equal opportunities employer and its policies, including the need to guard against false assumptions based on an applicant’s sex, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, disability, religion, age, marital status, working pattern, sexual orientation or gender reassignment, are followed at all stages of the selection procedure.
The Governors and staff of Calday Grange Grammar School take their duties under the Equality Act 2010 (incorporating the previous Disability Discrimination Act) very seriously. They will ensure that all reasonable adjustments are made to ensure that disabled people are treated fairly and not placed at any substantial disadvantage. The school is committed to interview all applicants with a disability who meet the minimum criteria for the post and to consider them on their abilities.
To find out about our school
Please take your time to familiarise yourself with the content of our website so that you can gather a clear understanding of what life at Calday Grange Grammar School is like.