Key Stage 3
- Unit 1 History of Computing - Students learn about the generation of computing. We focus upon the functions of hardware components
- Unit 2 Scratch Programming - students will learn the fundamentals of programming. They will produce a small game with gained knowledge and skills.
- Unit 3 Databases - During this project students will learn about information storage and retrieval as well as the differences between flat file and relational databases.
- Unit 4 QR Codes - This project empowers students to make and distribute their own personalised QR codes.
- Unit 5 E-Safety - Students will learn about the potential dangers of modern web technologies
- Unit 6 HTML & CSS - This project introduces students to script based programming. They will make a webpage and enhance its appearance using CSS.
- Unit 1 Encryption - This project challenges students to utilise various cypher techniques to conceal and reveal codes
- Unit 2 Flash Programming - Flash (Action Script) is an interactive and highly visual programming language. We will examine key principles of Object Orientated Programming.
- Flash Extended - students will produce a small game that they have planned /coded and constructed
- Unit 4 Java and Greenfoot - students will learn advanced programming methodologies and produce a game they have planned/ designed and programmed.
- Unit 1 Blender - Students will learn to build a 3D model and animate it. This learning journey is chronicled in a learning journal.
- Unit 2 Encryption - This project challenges students to utilise various cypher techniques to conceal and reveal codes. We explore modern encryption technologies.
- Unit 3 Java GreenFoot - Students learn fundamental of Java programming principles.