The GCSE is broken down into three components. There are two practical elements, a devised performance which is accompanied by a log book and a scripted performance. The play to be performed in the scripted performance will be chosen to suit the abilities and strengths of the students. In the written exam students will write about a set text, The 39 Steps, a performance they have seen and about the different roles within a theatre.
- Brief history of theatre. From the Ancient Greeks to modern physical theatre.
- Performance of extract from The Canterbury Tales
- Devising/Improvising skills
- Theatre roles and responsibilities
- Seen productions
- Devising project and log book
- Study of set text
- Start scripted performance
- Scripted performance
- Recap of set text and exam preparation
Work on seen productions will be carried out throughout the two years depending on timing of theatre visits.