The Business Studies course at Calday is dynamic and aims to prepare our students for the challenges of the 21st century by introducing them to the complex world of business. The course emphasises the ever-changing character of business, the diverse nature of business enterprise and the inter-dependence of the various sections of the business world.
Although essentially an academic subject, Business Studies is also practical, applied and exciting. It equips our students with many vital life skills such as; communication, problem-solving, time management, team work and decision making. Whether your aim is to pursue an academic career, train for a profession or become an entrepreneur, the necessary knowledge and skills are developed through the study of business.
In Business Studies we aim to:
- maintain and stimulate student curiosity, interest and enjoyment in business
- enable students to be familiar with a body of business and economic knowledge, principles, skills and vocabulary.
- encourage students to see Business Studies in the context of a wider body of knowledge and skills.
- support students in developing, understanding and using investigative methods.
- enable students to develop a range of desirable personal qualities such as politeness, perseverance, initiative and independence.
- empower students to work both independently and as part of a team.
- develop teaching methods and resources that allow all students, irrespective of their gender, ethnic origin, academic ability, etc. to have equal access to Business Studies and to experience success and enjoyment in their Business Studies work.
- develop an awareness in our students of the implications of business and industry, both past and present, for the individual, the community and the environment.
- Business Start Ups
- Generating and Protecting Business Ideas
- The Marketing Mix
- Financial Ratios
- External Influences on a Business
- Locating a Business
- Motivation in Practice
- Managing Change
- Unit 4 Research Topic
- Exam Techniques
- Revision Sessions
- Essay Writing
EDEXEL examination board