Students are provided with topic workbooks and access to electronic resources for each module.
- Foundation Chemistry
- Particles, composition of the nucleus, isotopes and use of mass spectrometer
- Calculating the amount of substance
- Ionic, covalent and metallic bonding and intermolecular forces
- The construction of the periodic table
- Organic chemistry
- Alkanes from crude oil.
- Chemistry in Action
- Collision theory and effect
- Definitions of oxidation and reduction
- Redox properties of halogens and halideions
- The extraction of Metals
- Haloalkanes and alkenes
Unit 3: Practical EMPA
- Kinetics, Equilibria and Organic Chemistry
- Kinetic and equilibria
- Acids, bases and buffer solutions and the changes in pH during titrations
- Organic compounds containing the carbonyl group, aromatic compounds, amines, amino acids and polymers.
- Spectroscopic techniques
- Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry
- Redox equilibria
- Transition metals
- Reactions of inorganic compounds in aqueous solution
Unit 6: Practical EMPA
The AQA website has a variety of resources including access to past papers and mark-schemes and revision support material.