Skip to content ↓

Old Caldeian Union

The Old Caldeian Union ( OCU ), run by an independent Membership Council, was formed in 1945, at the initiative of the then Headmaster R T B Glasspool, “to revive and increase the amenities which the Old Caldeians Association and the Old Caldeians Rugby Football Club can offer by expanding and uniting all social and sporting activities of Old Caldeians”.

The direct link with the Rugby Club has disappeared over time and the current objects of the OCU are to provide an association and to arrange social events for the promotion of the welfare of former students and staff  whilst maintaining links with the School.

In recent years the number of OCU members has declined and the Council of the OCU is having discussions with the School with a view to merging with the Calday Alumni, run directly by the School, which has similar objects and a greater reach of membership and activities than the OCU is able to achieve.