Merseytravel School Transport Changes
from Monday 29 April 2019
Merseytravel have recently carried out a review of their School Transport provision. This has resulted in the streamlining of some services to ensure that the services continue to be safe, affordable and efficient. Please note that there are no changes to the School operated buses to Wallasey, Chester and North Wales.
The changes to Merseytravel school services will come into effect on Monday 29 April.
The main points to note are -
- Some timings have changed.
- Some services may have been withdrawn, however there are still enough vehicles to meet demand.
- Some services have been renumbered - please ensure that your child is aware of the new number.
- Operators may have been changed for some journeys and may not always be the same operator on both a am and pm journeys.
- There will no longer be a late bus to Heswall.
We urge you to check the timetable to see if you are affected by these changes to enable students to be prepared on Monday 29 April.
Changes to Cost of Travel
Al’s Coaches will be operating the morning journeys (670, 671, 672, 673 & 675) on a commercial basis. This means they have set their own fare level at £1.50 for a single journey. Students who will be making a return journey on the bus should purchase either a MY Ticket at £2.20, or a Merseytravel weekly , 4 weekly or a Term Time SOLO Pass. Otherwise the two bus journeys, i.e. 1 journey in the morning (commercial Al’s Coaches is £1.50 ) and 1 journey in the afternoon (Merseytravel bus service set at £1.00), will cost students a total of £2.50 each day.
This only applies to the routes mentioned above; the 614 and 621 am and pm journeys are Merseytravel supported routes and have a flat single fare of £1.00.
These services will continue to be monitored by Merseytravel. If you have any queries about bus services or journey planning, please send an email to ASK@merseytravel.gov.uk