AS/A2 EXAMINATION RESULTS
A LEVEL EXAMINATION RESULTS
Against a background of anxiety caused by articles in the press, students and staff are again celebrating another year of exceptional success with outstanding examination results at both AS and A2 level.
At AS level
- 39.7% of all grades were A (20.3%) and B (19.4%), an increase on the previous year.
At A2 level
- There was an increase in the number of A*’s (10.7%) with 30.8% of all grades being A* and A grades. Again, this is an improvement upon previous results. This percentage of A*’s is significantly above the national average for similar schools with a mixed sixth form.
- 97.9% of all A2 levels undertaken were in the category A*- E.
- There were many outstanding individual performances but of particular note are the following:
- Joseph Dodwell (3 A*s), Nicholas Hare (3 A*s), Jack Cundall (4 A*’s and 1 A), James Riordan (3 A*s and 1 A), Philip Yung (3 A*s and 1 A), Shuja Ahmad (2 A*s and 2 A’s).
- Adam Cliffe, Harry McSwaine, Joseph Sebastian, Ross Thomas, Joel Turner and Edward Saunders all gained 2 A*s and 1 A.
- Kristan Lacy gained 2 A*s, 1 A and 1 B and Matthew Wright was awarded 1 A* and 3 A’s.
There are many other students, too numerous to mention, who also gained excellent grades.
At the time of writing the majority of students have gained entry into their preferred university places. We are optimistic that those students who have narrowly missed the threshold for their preferred choices will be successful in gaining access to undergraduate courses at university.
We congratulate all students on their achievements which are testament to their hardwork and commitment.
On behalf of the Governing Body and parents, Mr Rodaway (Headteacher) would like to thank all staff for their dedication and support in helping our students achieve these excellent outcomes.
We wish all our students the very best for their future success.