Duke of Edinburgh Award
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme is the world’s leading youth achievement award. It encourages young people to push their personal boundaries, gain new skills and enhance CVs and University applications.
At Calday Grange Grammar School the DofE scheme is voluntary with pupils able to enter the Bronze award from Year 10, Silver in Year 11 and Gold in Year 12. There is every opportunity for pupils to gain all three awards and perhaps go to Buckingham Palace to accept their coveted Gold Award.
Students gain invaluable experiences working through various sections of the award and qualified leaders guide pupils through what is often the highlight of the award, the expedition trips.
The main source of information regarding the Award is the D of E website dofe.org and almost all you need to know is discussed there.
The school is a licensed centre and uses school staff and external agencies to implement training courses and expeditions.
To achieve an award particpants must complete a personal programme of activities in four sections:
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community
- Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities
- Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests
- Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey in the UK or abroad
- At Gold level, you must also complete an additional Residential section, which involves working and staying away from home doing a shared activity
If you are new to DofE either as a parent or as a participant you will find a lot of information about the programme on these pages. All you need to know about each award level, expedition dates, costs and how to apply. We strongly advise parents and students to review all of this information fully before deciding to take part.
The DofE Team at Calday is made up of
|Mr G Bosworth||Programme Manager|
|Mrs J McIver||Programme Co ordinator and Administrator|
You can contact them via the DofE office email address: firstname.lastname@example.org