Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR W AND C SERIES TRANSPORT PROVIDED BY CALDAY GRANGE GRAMMAR SCHOOL AND WEST KIRBY GRAMMAR SCHOOL
You are also abiding by your own school's code of conduct/behaviour policy when travelling to and from school.
- Remember that the time stated on the timetable is the departure time. Please be at your pick up point at least five minutes before.
- Carry your bus pass and be ready to show it to the driver every time you board the bus. You will not be allowed to travel if you do not produce a valid pass.
- Only use the bus stated on your pass.
- Fraudulent use of this pass will result in the pass being confiscated and travel privileges suspended.
- Be aware of the danger zone (the immediate area around the vehicle), where it can be difficult for the driver to see students, especially near the vehicle entrance.
- Please board the bus sensibly and in single file – don’t push and shove.
- Store your bags and belongings safely – in luggage racks or under your seat – remember they are your responsibility.
- Always listen and be polite to your driver.
- Foul and offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Remember that what you may think is harmless fun e.g. throwing things around the bus and shouting, can be distracting to your driver and therefore very dangerous to all on board.
- Never interfere with the emergency exit doors or other bus equipment e.g. safety hammers or extinguishers.
- You must stay seated at all times as it is dangerous to move around when the bus is moving.
- Your seat belt should be fastened
- Keep your hands, feet, head and belongings inside the vehicle at all times.
- Smoking is not permitted on the buses, this includes e-cigarettes.
- You must take any litter home with you. Don’t leave it on the bus.
Please ensure that your child has read and understands this Code of Conduct and understands its importance. They should know that it is their responsibility to adhere to it and the implications if they do not.
Parents should also ensure that -
- Your child knows the correct bus number.
- You arrange that your child is at the bus stop in good time for the bus and collected promptly.
- Your child is aware of alternative arrangements in the event that they miss the bus or travel is denied for any reason.
- Your child is familiar with the walking route to and from the pick-up point.
- Your child knows how to cross the road safely and to behave responsibly on the way to and from the pick-up point.
- Your child has a valid travel pass at all times.
- Your child understands the importance of wearing seat belts.
PASSES MAY BE WITHDRAWN IF BEHAVIOUR ON TRANSPORT IS UNACCEPTABLE